- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced small
- 2 cloves garlic pressed through garlic press
- Salt & Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence*
- 4 cups chicken stock hot
- 1 cup fresh English peas or frozen peas
- 1 cup baby zucchini small dice
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded or cubed (you can use rotisserie chicken for convenience)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 lemon wedges garnish
- 2 T. Rosemary
- 1 T. Fennel Seed
- 2 T. Savory
- 2 T. Thyme
- 2 T. Basil
- 2 T. Marjoram
- 1 T. Oregano
Place a medium-large soup pot over medium heat; add in the butter and olive oil, and once melted, add in the onion and diced carrots, and sweat for about 3-5 minutes, or until slightly tender and the onions are becoming translucent.
Add in the garlic, and once that becomes aromatic, stir in a pinch or two of salt and pepper, and the herbs de Provence
Add chicken stock and bring to a gentle simmer; cover with a lid, and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
Turn the heat off; add in the peas, zucchini, chicken breast, and lemon zest and juice; stir to combine, and allow the peas/zucchini to become crisp-tender and bright green in the hot stock, about 3-4 minutes; check to see if additional salt or pepper is needed.
To serve, add about ½ cup of the cooked quinoa to a bowl, and ladle some of the soup over the top; sprinkle over some of the fresh basil, and squeeze in some additional lemon juice from the lemon wedge garnish, if desired.
Calories: 233, Total Fat 9 g, Sodium 160 mg, Tot. Carb 21 g, Protein 19 g