This applesauce is such a sweet treat you won’t believe it doesn’t have any added sugar!
- 6 large apples (about 3 lb), any sweet variety (Jonagold, Fuji, Gala, Braeburn, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- Core and roughly chop the apples into 1-2″ pieces, depending on how chunky you prefer your applesauce. Do not peel the apples
- Combine all ingredients and cook, either in a slow cooker or on the stove top.
- Slow cooker: cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours, stirring twice during cooking.
- Stove top: use a large pot and cook on medium-high heat for 25 minutes, stirring often.
- Mash or puree to your preferred consistency.
- Cool the applesauce, then store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.