Baked Falafel Summer Vegetable Salad
Course: Main Course, Salad
Calories: 284 kcal
- 1 15 oz. can Chickpeas drained
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled
- 1 half Onion small, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 cup Fresh Parsley or Cilantro chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce or any other kind in bite size pieces
- 12-15 each Olives Kalamata
- 1 Cucumber chopped into small ½” pieces
- 1 small handful Cilantro leaves
- 12 tablespoons Tahini or plain yogurt
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Pulse the chickpeas, garlic, onion, cumin, parsley, salt, pepper, baking soda and lemon juice in a food processor.
Add oil or water to adjust for thickness until the mixture is minced but not smooth and pureed.
Roll the mixture into 20 balls, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or sprayed with oil and flatten into patties with your hands.
Brush the top of the patties with olive oil. Bake until crisp and golden, about 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes into chunks and add them to the cucumber, cilantro leaves, olives and lettuce. Salt generously.
Divide the vegetable salad into 6 bowls.
Calories 284, Total Fat 16 g, Sat. Fat 3 g, Sodium 1070 mg, Tot. Carb. 29 g, Protein 10 g, Sugar 10 g