This salad is super fresh and super simple! To give it more of a kick, substitute vinegar for the lemon juice.
- 1 pound carrots, grated
- 2 Tbsp finely snipped chives or green onions
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place carrots in a medium bowl. Add chives, parsley, and chickpeas.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over carrot mixture and stir until evenly coated
- Allow salad to marinate for 20 minutes; toss well before serving.
Store in refrigerator, covered, for up to 4 days.