An egg bake, or frittata, is a great way to make a quick, easy meal packed with lots of healthy veggies!
- Preheat oven and spray/oil baking dish
- Rinse and cut seasonal veggies evenly into small pieces. Pre-cook (e.g. saute, blanch, roast) any hard veggies.
- In a large bowl, whip eggs with a fork until well blended. Add in seasonings, salt, and milk.
- Layer ingredients in the baking dish in the following order: veggie mixture, egg mixture, then cheese.
- Bake until eggs are firm and cheese is melted, about 25-45 minutes. A thermometer in the middle should read 160 degrees.
- Cut egg bake into portions and freeze for the future, up to 1 month.
- Make individual portions: layer eggs, cheese, and veggies in a well-oiled muffin pan. Bake about 30 minutes until eggs are firm.
- Stove options: cook 8×8 portion over medium heat. Stir eggs into veggie mixture and keep stiring until eggs are nearly set. Then, cover skillet and cook on low until completely cooked through, about 15-25 minutes.
- In the microwave: halve the 8×8 portions, microwave on medium-high for 5 1/2 minutes, stiring once. Cook for another 2 minutes if eggs are not set.