Kohlrabi and Daikon Relish
Course: Salad, Side Dish
Servings: 3 Cups
Calories: 11 kcal
- 1 or 2 about ¾ pound kohlrabi & daikon radish
- 1 small sweet pepper red, yellow or orange, finely diced
- 3 scallions including an inch of the greens thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped lovage or cilantro
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
Peel the kohlrabi and daikon radishes.
Cut them into thin slices and then cut each slice into very small “pencils.’
Alternately, use a mandolin to make the small “pencils.”
Toss with the remaining ingredients.
Taste for salt and adjust the level of acidity if needed. Let stand for 30 minutes if time allows.
Use within a day or two.
Calories 11, Total Fat 1 g, Sat. Fat 0 g, Sodium 75 mg, Tot. Carb. 0 g, Protein 0 g, Sugar 1 g