This versatile and hearty recipe could be used as your main meal or as a filling side dish.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 red potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups kale leaves, chopped
- 15 oz can black beans (no salt), drained and rinsed (or substitute your favorite type of bean!)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook 2-3 minutes until just starting to brown. Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add diced potatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kale and black beans. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring gently.