Corn and Vegetable Soup
Calories: 168 kcal
- 4 cups Corn fresh or frozen
- 2 cups Milk nonfat
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1 large Red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium Zucchini diced
- 2 cups Chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes seeded and chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Basil cut into ribbons
Place two cups of corn and all the milk into a food processor and blend thoroughly.
In a pot, heat the oil and saute the onion and bell pepper until soft. Add the zucchini and cook for about 3 more minutes.
Add the rest of the corn, all the broth and some salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
Add the pureed corn and milk to the soup and warm through. Season with salt and pepper.
When portioning the soup, garnish with basil.