Cucumber and Pepper Relish
Course: Side Dish
Servings: 3 Cups
Calories: 11 kcal
- 1 or 2 about ¾ pound dark green cucumbers
- 1 small sweet pepper red, yellow or orange, finely diced
- 3 scallions including an inch of the greens thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped lovage or cilantro
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
Score the cucumbers with the tines of a fork or a citrus zester. Cut them lengthwise into quarters, slice off the seeds, then chop the flesh into small pieces.
Toss with the remaining ingredients.
Taste for salt and adjust the level of acidity if needed. Let stand for 30 minutes if time allows.
Use within a day or two.
Calories 11, Total Fat 1 g, Sat. Fat 0 g, Sodium 75 mg, Tot. Carb. 0 g, Protein 0 g, Sugar 0 g