Zucchini and Tomato Salad
Course: Salad, Side Dish
Calories: 209 kcal
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 red onion sliced into wedges
- 3 medium zucchini thinly sliced length-wise
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 3 roasted red peppers sliced
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Optional: Rotisserie Chicken meat shredded, and Rustic Bread, in large cubes
Heat the oil in a pan or on a preheated grill and cook onion and zucchini for 2-3 minutes each side or until tender. Remove the onion and zucchini to a large bowl and add garlic to the pan stirring thoroughly for a few minutes until heated through, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add garlic to the bowl with the onions and zucchini.
Clean and slice red peppers into strips. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in 425° oven until browned on edges, about 15 minutes.
Add the red peppers, tomatoes, basil and dressing to the bowl that has the onion, zucchini and garlic and toss to coat. For a main dish, add shredded chicken meat from purchased rotisserie chicken and large cubes of rustic bread. Toss with the rest of the salad ingredients.
Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Arrange salad on serving plates and sprinkle with parmesan.
Calories 209, Total Fat 7 g, Sat. Fat 2 g, Sodium 414 mg, Tot. Carb. 17 g, Protein 20 g, Sugar 7 g